Welcome to Rock Harbor Church! Rock Harbor was planted in 2010 as a way to provide space for people to engage in a church who might not usually enter a church. We believe that safe places are needed throughout our world where real people can find their way back to God. God has shown us true hope in his Son Jesus Christ – and he is the center of everything we do. When you go to visit friends or family, the most important thing they can express is how glad they are you’re there. At Rock Harbor Church, we want you to know how grateful we are to have you as a guest, and how much we appreciate your being with us.
Rock Harbor is part of the Harbor Churches – as a multi-site congregation reaching throughout local communities in West Michigan. We are a multi-site church, meaning that we are a family of churches, working together to help people find their way back to God. We are centered on Jesus and the gospel – or good news – that he is our hope. We believe that this hope should not be confined within the walls of the church or confined in our families, but shared throughout our communities and around the world. We believe that real people can encounter a real God and be transformed by him, and that no one is outside the circle of his love.
We have now expanded to Hudsonville, Byron Center, Grandville, and Houghton, MI. We are anchored historically in the RCA and continue to serve faithfully within this historical denomination birthed out of the protestant reformation in the Netherlands. Today, we continue as members of the the RCA and as reformed evangelical community churches.
What it’s like
- A casual atmosphere
- Friendly people who’ll help you find your way around
- Music led with guitars and drums
- Relevant messages that actually apply to your life
- Incredible children and student ministries that your kids will love
- Encouragement in your life knowing that you matter to God — and to Rock Harbor
Fair Haven Church is a place that’s real. We value authenticity and invite you to be who you are and who God created you to be. God’s love is unconditional, and we hope to care for you in the same way.
We, the Christians of Fair Haven, believe God calls us to be:
- A worship immersed church in which we love and praise God through our corporate worship and with our whole lives, holy and pleasing to Him. (Psalm 150, Nehemiah 8:1-12, Romans12:1-2)
- A Bible-based church in which the inspired Word of God is preached, taught, explained and experienced as we participate in God’s truth revealed through out history. (II Timothy 3:16 – 17)
- A prayer-permeated church in which prayer increasingly impacts our individual lives and our lives together. (Phil. 4:6-7, Mark 11:17)
- A high-commitment church in which participating Christians are challenged and equipped to:
- Exhibit an authentic personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (Acts 16:29-31)
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Serve Christ in the context of Fair Haven Ministries according to our gifts, passion and call to ministry, including personal sacrifice. (I Peter 4:10 -11, Matthew 5:11-12)
- Grow spiritually as disciples of Jesus. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Connect with other Christians for the purpose of encouragement and accountability, enhancing our oneness in Christ here and throughout the church of Jesus Christ. (Galatians 6:1-5, John 17:20-23)
- To be faithful stewards in all of life, including our financial resources. The biblical principle of tithing (ten percent of gross income) serves as our guideline. (Psalm 24:1-2, Malachi 3:6-1
- An outreach-focused church with a passion for the lost and a commitment to help those in need. Fair Haven Ministries’ outreach is expressed in local evangelism, church multiplication and global missions in which all believers are called to participate. (Acts 1:8, Matthew 25:31- 46)
We believe God calls Fair Haven to be a body of believers that serves the one true God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created the universe, redeemed us through Jesus Christ and empowers us through the Holy Spirit. We hold to an evangelical and reformed understanding of the Christian Faith. We serve God through expressive worship, personal transformation and credible witness.
Rock Harbor is a venue of Fair Haven Church which means that, while we share space, ministries and staff with Fair Haven, Rock Harbor is a unique congregation with its own expression of ministry in our community. Together, Fair Haven and Rock Harbor provide different worship experiences and communities but work together to reach the Hudsonville, Jenison and Allendale area.